If you are starting to look for Phlebotomy Certification in Lake Village AR then I think you will find the article below has some useful suggestions. Choosing the correct Phlebotomy Certification Course can be a really tricky decision, but it is good to be prepared, so you can be certain you have chosen one of the best Phlebotomy Certification Training Lake Village AR has to offer.
Below are the top fully accredited online and on-campus schools that offer Phlebotomy Certification and other related programs. By clicking on links below, you can request information from each school about its tuition, classes, and courses.
Find Top Rated Phlebotomy Certification in Arkansas
- Works closely with an advisory board from the medical community to ensure that their curriculum, equipment and instruction are current and relevant.
- Offers special tuition pricing for Veterans, Active Duty Military and spouses/qualifying dependents of all Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves.
- ABHES-accredited: An advantage upon graduation
- Short-term education: Programs range from 10 months to 2 years
- Blackboard Learn mobile allows students to complete assignments on the go.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Partnerships with thousands of companies
- Alliances with many national industry associations
- Personalized career guidance
- Job market research tools to help you explore your career of interest
- A.A. in Health Care Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Associate of Science in Health Science (Military Only)
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Medical Assistant with Limited Radiography Technology
- Medical Assisting Professional
- Medical Assistant with Office Management
Get your career started with an education from Heritage College. We offer programs and degrees for a career as an x-ray medical technician, medical assistant, massage therapist, esthetician, surgical technologist, personal trainer, pharmacy technician, or cosmetologist.
- Veterinary Technician, Associate Degree
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Allied Health Science (AS)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Transcriptionist
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Administrative Billing and Coding, AS (Online)
Important Facts About Phlebotomy Certification – What Does a Phlebotomist Do?
A phlebotomist is an individual with a Phlebotomy Certification. Phlebotomists in hospitals draw blood samples from patients and other specimens like the saliva and urine. They therefore act as intermediaries between the doctors and other medical staffs and the patients. They also check on the patients in their respective wards as they take samples and monitor how they are doing. They follow the protocol and report any matter arising to the medical doctor or a nurse in charge. At times they assist the medical assistant in keeping records, submitting the claim forms, coordinating billings and scheduling of various tests. However, phlebotomists are not only in the hospital but also are found in places like clinics, laboratories and in managerial fields. Those in clinics are responsible for blood samples collection and some clerical tasks. Those found in laboratories not only take blood samples but also does the work of a laboratory technician and will be doing some diagnostic tests.
What is Required to Become a Phlebotomist?
There are several steps that can be taken in order to obtain the certification. Those steps will equip the learner with all the required skills that will be required of him/her in the field. Here are some of the basic steps:
- The first step is to do a thorough research on the institution offering the course. Depending on the level the student wants to learn, he/she can either choose a university or a mid level collage. One can use the internet to search the collages and choose them carefully.
- The next step is for one to fully understand the rules and regulations governing the career in his/her state. Remember they vary in different states. One should choose the institution that is recognized by his/her state.
- The final step is to sit for phlebotomy certification exams. Passing this exam requires one to master all the required skills. He/she will be required to have a perfect communication with the patients, cope with all difficult patients and to perform record keeping.
However, there are those who don’t have to sit for the exams so as to obtain the certificate. These are those individuals who have stayed in the field for a longer time. The experience they have is more than what the exams will reveal about them. Such individuals are very useful in practical to those learning. They help them with their field experience and show them how taking of samples is done.
How Long Does It Take to Complete the Training?
This is one of the fields in medical sector that takes the shortest time compared to other careers. This doesn’t mean that the course is easy as it requires a lot of effort not only in the class work but also in the field. In less than two years, you will be through with the career and ready to work in the field something which is very rare in other medical fields. A degree course offered in some associate collages normally takes up to two years. However, there is the certificate and diploma course that takes between six to eight months respectively. For those taking full time courses which include physiology, anatomy and laboratory classes, they will complete faster.
Is Certification Required for Phlebotomists?
Certification is required as it will create a trust in the patient from whose the veins are punctured to get the blood samples. No one will trust anybody without any certificate. Moreover, certification is the best way to avoid the lawsuits in the medical field hence the employers looks for the certified individuals to work for them. Employers also tend to favor during an employment interview those Phlebotomists whose certificates are recognized by the national body.
What is the Starting Salary for Phlebotomists?
Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, phlebotomists with a lot of experience in the field will earn a lot of money compared to the new graduates. Fresh graduates with no field experience will have an annual pay of $25,000. For those with an experience of up to four years will have a starting pay of $27,500. Those with between five and nine years experience will earn a starting salary of $29,000. For the temporary employees, those having between 10 and 19 years field experience will have a starting annual salary of $33,300. Those with over 20 years experience will earn a starting salary of $36,000 per year.
With the above information, you shouldn't have a problem making an informed decision about how to become a Phlebotomist. Take the first step towards a bright future by requesting information from some of the schools listed above for Phlebotomy Certification in your area.
Did you get any useful ideas from the article? If you did, please feel free to share the article with your family and friends who live in Lake Village AR. You just never know when they might be looking for Phlebotomy Certification in Lake Village AR.